Check in / Check out
Guest check in is at 4pm. Sometimes we can accommodate an earlier check in; however, this is not a guarantee. If guests opt for an early check in, there is an additional fee involved.
Guest check out is at 10am during the summer season, and 11am during the fall, winter and spring seasons. Sometimes we can accommodate a later check out; however, this is not a guarantee. If guests opt for a late check out, there is an additional fee involved.
If guests cancel within 30+ days of their check in date, they will receive 100% of their deposit back.
If guests cancel 15 to 29 days of their check in date, they will receive 50% of their deposit back. Guests may receive up to 90% back if we are able to book their original dates.
If guests cancel 14 or less days of their check in date, they will not receive any refund of their deposit unless we are able to book their original dates. A refund of up to 50% may be returned. All proceeds will go towards our social housing initiative, Peace For All of Us.
Guests will receive 100% of their deposit if the province mandates a lockdown and/or prohibits non-essential travel. Guests will not receive a refund if one of their party tests positive for COVID-19; however, accommodations can be made to lower the cost based on group size.
Guests will receive their deposit refund within 48 hours of check out. We try to be very fair and reasonable when it comes to refunding 100% of the deposit. To date, 94% of renters have received their full deposit back. Reasons for keeping damage deposit funds include:
- Dogs (excessive pet hair on furniture where dog is not allowed; not cleaning up dog waste in the yard; any damage to furniture from dogs; dogs urinating inside the house)
- Garbage (not bagging garbage and not placing in bins according to label; having to clean up loose garbage in bins; please do not bag recycling)
- Deep frying inside or outside (excessive grease in kitchen area; burn holes in deck or grass; damage to any pots/pans/dishes)
- Damage (this thankfully has not been a problem, but any damage to furniture, bedding, or other furnishings)
- Excessive mess (again, thankfully this has not been a problem, but any large mess that would require additional cleaning time)